Sunday 24 February 2013

One Thing That Comes Up With The Sun


I listened to one of Fela Anikulapo’s music and I relish its lyrics as though the album was released just yesterday… for this moment and time.

I understand word for word and could relate to every sound I hear from the track. I wonder how words of decades past could still make such great impact.

True words no matter from where it comes, shed its skin and become new every day. Even after one is long gone, it comes up and break the dark like the morning sun.

What doesn’t matter is how many words you may have said but how many of them is the truth: what doesn’t matter is how many seeds you bury at dusk but how many can come up at dawn to trace the sun.

Words are the most powerful of all because they have the ability to come up anew after decades, scores and even centuries that everyone will still relish them because the truth is what comes up with the sun.  

No comments:

Post a Comment