Monday 7 January 2013

Hip-Hop Artist Freddy E Dead In Apparent Suicide

22-year-old took to Twitter on Saturday to say God is 'calling me back home' before apparently taking his own life.

Tragedy struck the hip-hop community this weekend after Seattle artist and online personality Freddy E, 22, died on Saturday apparently of a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Before his death, Freddy E (born Frederick Eugene Buhl) began to vent on Twitter. "Annnd, my day is ruined," he wrote on the site, giving way to a series of other tragic messages.

"If there's a God then He's calling me back home. This barrel never felt so good next to my dome. It's cold
& I'd rather die than live alone," he tweeted. "It's... all... bad... y'all. *puts finger around trigger*"

Freddy was most widely known for his comedy and spoken-word pieces, which he published on his JERKTV YouTube channel. The news comes two weeks after up-and-coming Brooklyn rapper Capital STEEZ is believed to have taken his own life on Christmas Eve. The King County Medical Examiner's office in Washington confirmed with the Seattle Times that Buhl died in an apparent suicide, though the exact cause is disputed. Many accuse rapper Honey Cocaine, a Toronto spitter signed to Tyga, for causing the heartbreak which led Buhl to suicide. Cocaine, who experienced drama of her own after she was shot last year after a show in Nebraska, hopped on Twitter to set the record straight.

"To say I caused what happened is ignorance.. You know nothing about our friendship or the story, hate me if you feel.. We loved eachother.. We were homies. We had a bond and a connection. For people to attack me acting like I made him do it is a shame," she wrote on Sunday. "I said some foolish things cause I thought he was joking, he does shit like that to me all the time. This is crazy.."

The distraught rapper also tweeted out a screen shot of a text message she says took place between her and Freddy from Saturday morning. In the excerpt Freddy, said that he felt like everyone was out to get him and asked Honey if that was true. She responded: "Anything revolving around money is intertwined with evil."

On January 1, Freddy appeared in a 20-minute Honey Cocaine appreciation video where he expressed his love and appreciation for her. After tweeting a link to that very video, HC wrote: "I love you too @Freddy_E.. The end of the video is beautiful."


I have asked this question before and I’m asking again; is there something weak about those who preach and show their sense of strength?

No comments:

Post a Comment